Junior Golf And Golf Development
The future of the Game resides in unearthing talent, early nurturing and sustaining this drive. In this quest the GGA has set up Junior Golf Ghana (JGG) tasked with introducing golf to the very young both in and out of school.
Their mandate therefore includes:
Junior Golf Ghana (JGG)
The JGG has been set up to be responsible for Junior Golf the thrust of the growth of Golf into our schools, the Skills for Life Program. The Committee is tasked to hold meetings and co-opt such additional persons as they see fit and collaborate with the National Sports Council.
The JGG’s principal objective is the promotion and development of golf for young amateurs up to the age of 18years.
The objectives of JGG therefore are:
- The Promotion of golf among the wider population
- To establish active junior sections and junior memberships at all Golf Clubs.
- To pursue Skills for Life Program that strives to develop discipline in the youth through golf.
- To schedule junior tournaments and competitions at affiliated clubs.
- Organizing and Sponsoring coaching schemes and competitions
- To appoint junior organizers and encourage juniors to participate in the organization of Junior Golf
- Involve schools in the Skills for Life Program that provides opportunities to learn etiquette, good behavior and integrity and respect for fellow competitors.
- Solicit support and donations for the furtherance of the above objectives from Individuals and corporate bodies, the National Sports Council in the promotion of Golf Nationwide. To collaborate with interested parties in the growth of Golf as a Summer Olympic Sport. Develop a Junior Handicapping system and a Merit
The following objectives are to be pursued: The JGG will collaborate with the National Sports Council, and relevant National Organizations to implement the Skills for Life Program.
Golf Clubs are to encourage junior sections, by promoting family memberships and identifying Teaching Professionals.
Facilitate the acquisition of Equipment for golf, i.e. Provision of Junior Golf Clubs, practice balls for Junior Training Programs in collaboration.
The funds of JGG shall be used only in furtherance of the objectives of the Foundation including Professional Trainer fees, prizes for Junior Tournaments, Equipment (Golf Clubs, practice balls) and Educational Grants.
The ultimate aim of this Committee is to gradually grow Ghana Golf, to embrace the acceptance of Golf as a Summer Olympic Sport and begin the journey to present a Golf Olympic Team, however long it takes. It is the wish of the GGA that this dream will come to fruition in the shortest possible time.